The Youth Ambassador programme
What is the Youth Ambassador programme?
The Youth Ambassador programme is offered at the International AIDS Conference and IAS Conference on HIV Science to ensure that the voices of young people living with HIV, young activists and young researchers are heard at international meetings. In addition, the dedicated programme provides young people with opportunities to strengthen their research and advocacy skills to support capacity building.
What are benefits of becoming an AIDS 2020 Youth Ambassador?
Accepted applicants will benefit from a virtual curriculum at AIDS 2020, which will include the following opportunities:
- Meetings with leading scientists, researchers and advocates, including AIDS 2020 plenary speakers
- Abstract writing training
- Communications training
- Resource mobilization training
- One-on-one career forum to discuss individual career pathways in the field of HIV
- Networking with other young people living with HIV, young activists and young researchers.
What are the selection criteria?
- The AIDS 2020 Youth Ambassador programme is open to all registered delegates who are aged 25 or under at the time of the conference.
- Youth Ambassadors must have a good working knowledge of English.
- Applicants will be selected based on the strength of their application while ensuring diversity of representation.
How many Youth Ambassadors will be selected?
As for AIDS 2018, we aim to select 30 Youth Ambassadors for AIDS 2020.
How do I apply for the AIDS 2020 Youth Ambassador programme?
Applications open on Sunday, 23 February 2020 and can be made through your conference profile. Please check back then for more details on how to apply.
I applied to be a Youth Ambassador. When will I know the outcome of my application?
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their submission by the end of May.
Will I receive any funding to be a Youth Ambassador?
The AIDS 2020 Youth Ambassador programme is open to registered delegates only. Youth Ambassadors are therefore expected to already be funding their own attendance to AIDS 2020.
Where can I direct additional questions?
Please direct any inquiries not addressed in this FAQ to [email protected].