Conference embargo policy
By submitting an abstract to AIDS 2020: Virtual, you agree to adhere to the conference embargo policy. The policy specifies that while authors may publish the fact that their abstract has been selected for inclusion in the conference programme, data from the abstract may NOT be shared in any form (print, broadcast or online publication, media release or conference presentation) prior to its official release by AIDS 2020: Virtual.
As is the case with most scientific and medical conferences, AIDS 2020: Virtual abstracts are released to delegates and media under a strict embargo policy. A detailed breakdown of the embargo policies for different types of abstracts is available below. All conference delegates, presenters and media agree to respect this policy.
- Oral abstracts and oral poster discussion abstracts(excluding AIDS 2020 late-breakers and COVID-19 Conference abstracts) The oral abstract and poster discussion texts and presentations (excluding all late-breaker abstracts) may not be public before 00:01 PST on Saturday, 4 July 2020, when pre-recorded presentations are released.
- AIDS 2020 poster exhibition abstracts The virtual poster exhibition abstracts (including poster exhibition late-breaker abstracts) may not be public before 00:01 PST on Saturday, 4 July 2020, when the full posters are released for viewing.
- AIDS 2020 Late-breaker oral abstracts (excluding those in an AIDS 2020: Virtual press conference) Late-breaker oral abstracts texts and presentations may not be published or presented before the start of the session in which the abstract is presented.
- Late-breaker abstracts in an AIDS 2020: Virtual press conference The embargo on oral abstracts included in an official AIDS 2020: Virtual press conference lifts at the start time of the press conference in which the abstract is featured.
- All COVID-19 Conference abstracts All abstract texts and presentations may not be public before 09:00 PST on Thursday, 9 July 2020.